Student visa (formerly Tier 4) to the UK - designed for those who want to get an education in the UK, studying on a program (more than 6 months) at an educational institution that has a Home Office license.
Today we answer the most popular questions about this visa.
💡 WHEN CAN I APPLY FOR A STUDENT VISA?
You can apply for a visa 3-6 months before the start of your studies. The review takes an average of 4 weeks. It is possible to use Priority/Super priority services, which will reduce the visa processing time to 1-5 days.
💡 WHEN CAN I COME WITH THIS VISA?
You can arrive one month before the start of your studies.
💡 WHAT CAN I DO WITH THIS VISA?
- to study
- work part-time during studies and full-time during holidays.
💡 WHAT ARE THE VISA REQUIREMENTS?
- international passport
- proof that you can cover tuition and living expenses (bank statement)
- parental or guardian consent if you are under 18
- proof of enrollment in the course (CAS letter from the educational institution)
- proof of medical fee payment (IHS)
- Tuberculosis test.
💡 WHAT AMOUNT SHOULD I SHOW FOR A VISA?
You must prove that you have sufficient funds in your account to cover tuition and living expenses.
- The tuition fee is indicated in your CAS letter from the educational institution.
- Living expenses depend on the location of the educational institution. £12,006 if you study in London and £9,208 if you study outside of London.
The bank statement must be in your name or in the name of your parents. The total amount must be on the account for at least 28 days.
💡 CAN I BRING FAMILY MEMBERS TO THE UK WITH ME?
You may bring your spouse and children with you if you are a graduate or PHD student.
Have more questions about STUDENT VISA? Write in the comments 👇🏼 and we will answer you.